Because October is National Breast Cancer Awareness Month, our articles have focused on preventing, detecting, and treating breast cancer. For more in-depth information, visit the following links or call Good Samaritan Hospital’s Consult-A-Nurse healthcare referral line at (888) 724-2362.
- Read this page from The American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists for the answers to some frequently asked questions about detecting breast problems.
- The National Cancer Institute has an easy-to-understand slideshow describing the relationship between estrogen and breast cancer.
- For a detailed explanation of the various factors that can contribute to a person’s risk of developing breast cancer, visit this page from the American Cancer Society.
- Learn what radiation therapy for breast cancer entails on this page from Susan G. Komen for the Cure.
- The National Institute of Mental Health provides a list of symptoms that may indicate the presence of depression, so you can determine whether to pursue professional help.