Are you at risk of developing gestational diabetes during your pregnancy? By looking through the resources below, you can learn more about this and the other subjects discussed in our recent blog posts.
- This article from MedlinePlus provides information about first aid procedures and what to do in the case of a medical emergency.
- Knowing how to perform hands-only CPR can help you to save someone’s life—learn more about this simple lifesaving action from the American Heart Association.
- The American Pregnancy Association describes what foods to avoid during pregnancy in more detail on their website.
- This checklist from FoodSafety.gov is helpful in organizing the foods to avoid while pregnant.
- Visit WebMD.com to find a comprehensive overview about high cholesterol causes, diagnosis, management, and more.
- This article from the National Institute of Child Health & Human Development answers many frequently asked questions about gestational diabetes mellitus (GDM).
- The American Diabetes Association also provides some helpful information about the basics of gestational diabetes and how it is treated.
- Coronary heart disease is one of the many diseases that can severely affect the functioning of the heart. Read more about this disease from the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute.
- You can find out more about catheter angiography and the common uses of this procedure from this article on RadiologyInfo.org.
- This overview from KidsHealth.org describes the importance of newborn screening tests and how they help to ensure healthy development.
If you have any remaining questions, contact Good Samaritan Hospital by calling (408) 559-2011.